Little Puzzlers Child Care Center, Inc
"The Perfect Fit for Every Child!"
About Little Puzzlers
Our Mission and Philosophy
The Team
Large Motor Room
Commercial Kitchen and Meals
Little Puzzlers News
Employment Opportunities
2021 Holidays Observed
Non Discrimintation Statement
Parent Resources
Contact Us
Parent Resources

Do You Need Help Paying for Child Care?

The Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP)


The Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP) helps families with children meet their basic needs, while helping parents move to financial stability through work. Parents are expected to work, and are supported in working with both cash and food assistance. Most families have a lifetime limit of 60 months on MFIP.



Minnesota Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP)


Minnesota’s Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) helps make child care affordable for income-eligible families. Families will have a copayment based on their gross income and family size, and most families on Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP) child care have a copayment of $0. Child Care Assistance is available to:

·  • Families participating in MFIP or Diversionary Work Program (DWP)

·  • Families that had an MFIP or DWP case close within the last 12 months

·  • Low-income families that may be eligible for the Basic Sliding Fee program

The Child Care Assistance Program pays child care costs for children age 12, and younger and for children with special needs to age 14. Child care costs may be paid for qualifying families while they go to work, look for work, or attend school. To qualify for CCAP, families must comply with child support enforcement if applicable for all children in the family. Care must be provided by a legal child care provider over the age of 18.

Visit The Minnesota Department of Human Services website for information on the Child Care Assistance Program and Minnesota Family Investment Program.

Locally you may call or visit your County Human Services for Information and applications for Child Care Assistance and the Minnesota Investment Program.

Stearns County Human Services
705 Courthouse Square, 2nd floor
St. Cloud, MN 56303
320-656-6000 or toll free 800-450-3663

Benton County Human Services
531 Dewey Street
Foley, MN 56329
320-968-5087 or toll free 800-530-6254

Sherburne County Health and Human Services
13880 Business Center Dr.
Elk River, MN55330-1692
763-765-4000 or toll free 800-433-5239
Early Childhood Screening
Early Childhood Screening is a quick and simple screening of your child's social/emotional, language, motor and cognition skills. A check of your child's height, weight, vision, hearing and immunization records will be conducted during the screening appointment, as well. Early Childhood Screening is required for entrance in Minnesota's public schools or within 30 days of enrollment into kindergarten.  Early Childhood Screening is offered throughout the year. All three and four year old children must be screened at least once. Early Childhood Screening or a comparable comprehensive screening is required for public school kindergarten entrance. To set up an Early Childhood Screening call your local school district.
St Cloud Area School District       Call 320-370-8253   

Sartell - St. Stephen School District Call the Early Childhood Office at (320)-656-3763                                   

Sauk Rapids - Rice School District  Call 320-255-8910



Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE)
ECFE is a public school  program that offers a variety of parent-child classes to parents and  their infants, toddlers, and preschoolers. There are programs that meet the needs of all families are available.

There are both fee-based and free classes offered.
Fees are scaled to a family's income and no one will be turned away because of the inability to pay. Call your local school district for a catalog of classes or check the districts website online.
St Cloud Area School District  Call Community Education at (320)529-6500ext 6255 or   register online.

Sartell - St. Stephen School District Call the Early Childhood Office at (320)-656-3763                                    

Sauk Rapids - Rice School District  Call (320)-255-8910  


Early Childhood Education Programs include Early Childhood Family Education
School Readiness Preschool, Early Childhood Screening, and Early Childhood Special Education
Visit the website for the ECFE class catalog and more information about all programs.

Help Me Grow provides resources for families to look at developmental milestones, to learn if there are concerns, and to take the lead in seeking additional support or in referring their child for a comprehensive, confidential screening or evaluation at no cost. (Minnesota children from birth to five-years-old, if found eligible, can receive services in their home, child care setting or school with Early Childhood Special Education. These services are free regardless of income or immigrant status.)
If you have concerns about your child’s development, talk to your health care provider, call 1-866-693-GROW (4769) or refer online.

To make a referral or for more information visit

Help Me Grow/ ECSE in the St. Cloud area may also be reached by phone at 320-253-5828

Parents Know also has information on Parenting webinars, Parenting from A-Z, and other helpful resources.

Arc Midstate offers advocacy, resources and connections to individuals with developmental disabilities and their families in mid-Minnesota including Autism, Down Syndrome, Fragile X, Fetal Alcohol Syndrome and more.

110 2nd St. S

Unit 305

Waite Park, MN  56387-1662




Bridge to Benefits is a multi-state project by Children’s Defense Fund-Minnesota to improve the well-being of families and individuals by linking them to public work support programs and tax credits.


How to apply for Minnesota Health Care Programs

MNsure logo

Apply online

Apply online at MNsure, Minnesota’s online health insurance marketplace.

Apply for family planning services only or help paying your costs in a long-term care facility such as a nursing home at ApplyMN.

Get help applying

You can get help applying:

Related links

Minnesota Department of Veteran Affairs logo

Minnesota's Department of Veteran Affairs has several links including Linkvet Support whcih offers support to Veterans and their families seven days a week. 1-888-linkvet


Stearns County, Minnesota

Stearns County Public Health

3301 Co. Rd 138

Waite Park, MN 56387


 Benton County, Minnesota

Benton County Public Health

531 Dewey Street

Foley, MN 56329



The Village provides family and children Mental Health and Counseling Services

St. Cloud
Stearns Financial Center
4140 Thielman Lane, Suite 303
St. Cloud, MN 56301
320-253-5930 (phone)
1-866-304-2697 (toll-free)
320-258-4632 (fax)
Map to our office

Energy and Housing Assistance




1210 23rd Ave. S.

Waite Park, MN 56387




  Minnesota Community Action Partnership - America's Poverty Fighting Network

Local Pediatric Dentists

Central MN Pediatric Dentists
1900 CentraCare Circle
St. Cloud, MN

K.o.a.l.a. Dental Care
1521 Northway Dr.
St. Cloud, MN

Dentistry For Children
140 Twin Rivers CT
Sartell, MN

Pediatric Dentistry, PLC
151 19th St. S
Sartell, MN


 Give Kids a Smile

Give Kids a Smile Patients

Give Kids a SmileEach year, dental professionals from across the state participate in Give Kids a Smile, providing free dental care to children in need. This year’s Give Kids a Smile two-day, statewide event is Friday, February 2 and Saturday, February 3, 2018, and is made possible by the collaborative effort of the Minnesota Dental Association, volunteer dentists, and our generous sponsors. Please read the program newsletter to learn more about the 2018 event.

Making an Appointment

Find a dental clinic in your area, and then call the clinic to make an appointment. Please note that services provided vary, so discuss any specific dental concerns your child may have. The dental services described are not guaranteed and may be limited by time and the severity of any particular case. Please keep in mind that professionals are volunteering their time to serve your child. Once you have made an appointment for your child, make every possible effort to keep that commitment.

If You Need Assistance or Translation Services

Please call United Way 2-1-1 (or 800-543-7709), where Information and Referral Specialists can assist you in Hmong, Somali and Spanish Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. The specialists there can place a three-way call to the dental clinic and assist you in making an appointment.

Benton County

Pearl Dental
Phone: 320-654-9999
1716 2nd Ave N
Sauk Rapids, MN 56379
Event date: 2/2/2018
Office hours: 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM

Stearns County

St. Cloud Technical College Dental Clinic
Phone: 320-308-5919
1245 15th St North
Saint Cloud, MN 56303
Event date: 2/3/2018
Office hours: 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Services offered: Exams, cleanings, x-rays, sealants, patient education,

Wright County

Buffalo Family Dentistry
Phone: 763-682-6885
106 Center Drive
Buffalo, MN 55313
Event date: 2/2/2018
Office hours: 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Services offered: Exams, x-rays, cleanings, fluoride varnishes, sealants, fillings, extractions


 Site logo

Mission Animal Hospital is a nonprofit 501(c)3 charitable animal hospital providing high quality veterinary care to those in need.

Stacks Image 2143

Quality pet healthcare for everyone.

Our new clinic location is now open!

We are officially moved in to our new facility in Eden Prairie, and look forward to continuing to serve and provide veterinary care to all pets. Come see us!